Packing for Gorilla Trekking excursion in Uganda’s Bwindi forest and Volcanoes National Park Rwanda.
Packing for Gorilla trekking in Uganda and Rwanda is specifically pointing on Dressing code and what to use in order to have the memorable experience in the Jungle.
When planning for excursion in Uganda’s Bwindi forest and Volcanoes national park, we advise you to consider special packing for gorilla trekking day. Our consultants will remind you to come with a few things that are useful for you to attain your lifetime ultimate experience that involves trekking/hiking visit mountain gorillas in Uganda, Rwanda and Congo.
Items to consider in Packing for Gorilla trekking safari.
- Have a small backpack as it is useful to carry your water, packed lunch, camera and binoculars.
- You need light weight hiking boots for this activity/strong waterproof walking boots due to nature and altitude of the forest. So get shoes that have good ankle support (the ones that come above the ankle bone).
- Take a light jumper and lightweight breathable waterproof jacket/trousers as temperature is variable and weather conditions can change
- Lightweight long wool socks which are comfortable for a mountain tropical forest
- A few long-sleeved shirts/trousers. Please ensure that you trek in your long sleeved trousers/shirts to avoid insects such as safari ants entering your trousers.
- Sweater for cool evenings and chilly mornings due to nature and altitude of the place
- Bush hat with a brim for sun protection. Please carry a hat to protect you from the strong sun rays if it is hot.
- You may also need to carry some Sunglasses too with neck strap
- Sun cream is also necessary
- Video/photo camera, extra lenses and Reserve batteries. Photography is an important component of your safari and make sure that you have your camera ready, charge your batteries very well and if necessary, carry extra batteries as you will need to take many photographs in the one hour you will have with the gorillas.
- Films and torch-LED models are light weight and have a good battery life
- Insect repellants to protect you from Mosquito bites as Bwindi is a tropical forest so many insects are accommodated there in.
- Garden gloves that will protect you from germs and other items that may scratch your hands.
- Don’t forget that you are on safari and you want to have clear views of everything so during your trek in search for the rare mountain gorillas, you will have a chance to spot some other wildlife species like birds, primates and large mammals
- A glove to grip vegetation and it’s also best to have different layers of clothes since the temperatures tend to change.
- Energy Giving snacks. Gorilla trekking can take from 30 minutes to eight or so hours and that’s why a certain level of fitness is required. To add on that, we advise that you carry some energy giving snacks as supplements and lots of drinking water as you never know when you will return.
- Hiring a Porters on your gorilla tracking hike is a top tip -You will need a porter to give you a push on the way to the gorillas as trekking/hiking can take some time. You will pay some fee to a porter but it is worth it.